Re: should . be followed by doublespace?

scripsit Wendell Cochran:

> As for space between sentences, in recent years I find more & more
> confusion caused by the single space.  Consider `. . . meanwhile, back
> in D. C. Power to the people . . .'  (That's 2 sentences.  See also
> `D. C. Power Lab' in the Jargon File.) . . .  Oh, I could cite better
> -- worse? -- examples from an oil & gas report I'm editing right now,
> but I won't.

That's a great point.  I have strong aesthetic reasons for preferring
two spaces, but this provides a clear-communication argument which bears
more weight that mere aesthetics.

Thanks, and I'll be borrowing your logic ;)

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul