Re: how to read a .msg file

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:33:05AM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> Matijs van Zuijlen, 2002-Aug-08 20:00 +0200:
> >
> > I wrote a program for this. See
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvz/software/msgconv.html
> >

> Matijs,
>
> I checked out your program and I'm having trouble.  Here's what I see:
>
> $ perl -w msgconvert.pl message1.msg
> Unexpected data IPM.Note.MIME.multipart.mixed for entry __substg1
> 0_001A001E at msgconvert.pl line 127.
>
> The message is of a sensitive nature, so I can't sent it to you, and
> I'm afraid that if I try to strip out the sensitive data I'd mess it
> all up.  Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to troubleshoot?
> I'm pretty sure the message is from Outlook 2000.

My program will abort if it thinks the file may not actually be an
Outlook file. However, I just uploaded a different version that will
keep going no matter what. See the same page. The link is at the bottom,
and the file is called msgconvert-warn.pl.

Good luck,
Matijs.

--
Note that I use Debian version testing/unstable
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz5 #1 Sun Jun 2 15:16:44 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands