problem with apache+ssl install

Hello,

I'm running potato and i want the following:
apache_1.3.26
openssl-0.9.6e,
apache_1.3.26+ssl_1.48 and I want to compile from tar.gz
If I don't patch apache with ssl everything is ok, I can run apache, but
if I patch it (before ./configure - FixPatch) I get the following error
message:

Syntax error on line 212 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpsd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_log_config.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_log_config.so: undefined symbol:
X509_verify_cert_error_string

I followed the instructions of the documentation, but...
Forget something or what's the problem?

thanks,
Bandor