RE: OT: Digital camera, SanDisk, and Debian

I have a Fuji FinePix 601.  I love it.  Having said that I will still
recommend the Canon A40.  When I needed to upgrade all the local shops were
2/3 weeks delayed and I needed a Camera for the upcoming week-end so I
bought the Fuji.  I can't compare the S40 to the  Fuji 2800, but I will tell
you the differences that I've noticed to the 601.

So why the Canon S40?  It actually fits in my shirt pocket as well as 601.
I personally prefer holding the "rectangle" of the camera longways
horizontal rather than longways vertical (this might not apply to the 2800).
A fellow worker had his new S40 at work the other day and I was really
impressed with how quite the lens was compared to the Fuji.  In fact the
lens motor noise of the Fuji was mentioned in one review that I read.

I would recommend that no matter where you buy them from, do yourself a
favor and actually handle both. There are many subtle differences that can
turn the tide.  Play with the "features" and see which of the cameras feels
more natural to *you*.

Cheers,
-rick