Re: Printing Promblem at Home

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:47:16PM -0500, Maya wrote:
> I am running Debian Potato and GNOME2 on a P133. I would like to find
> out if if there is a way to know if I have installed True Type Fonts on
> this machine and if so how to remove this program. You see, I am not
> able to print from some of the applications, i.e. Abiword, Balsa, Pan,
> etc. Someone at Abisource told me that GnomePrinter has a problem
> printing True Type Fonts and that this is the reason why I am having
> problems printing. So, if I could remove the program that sends TTF to
> GnomePrint then I would not have this problem any more, right?

Hmm...you could probably "locate *ttf" to find true type fonts and then
dpkg -S <filename.ttf>
to find out which package the file comes from.

But what is your print setup? Not all true type fonts that are installed may
not be used by your printer.

> Thanks folks
>
> Oh, by the way, I have also installed ispell and iamerican, but none of
> the GNOME applications can find the spell checker?

Does ispell not work or the applications just can't file iamerican? If
latter, check settings in /etc/alternatives for dictionaries.

--
Jerome