X Window failure after upgrade to sarge

Hi all,

After attempting to upgrade to sarge last night, x-window is now stuffed.

The message I get on start-up is:

Fatal server error

Could not open default cursor font 'cursor'

Now the background.  The machine had both the xfonts-artwiz and
xfonts-gimpers packages installed, and the cursor font provided by
xfonts-artwiz had been selected.  Duing the upgrade,  the installation of
xfonts-gimpers failed with the message:

"dpkg-divert: 'diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz-base by xfonts-gimpers' clashes
with 'diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz-base by xfonts-artwiz'

Now, I have removed xfonts-artwiz and xfonts-gimpers, reinstalled X from
sid and still get the same error on x startup.

How can I get rid of the diversion and get X running with the normal cursor
font?

Please reply to this address as I am not on list at work.

--

David