Re: Can't get fs recognized as ext3

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:32:59 -0500
Lance Simmons <lance@lsimmons.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:58:43PM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> > [...] if they have ext3 compiled as a module and want it to support
> > the root partition, they will have to either use an initrd image to
> > supply it to the kernel _or_ alternatively they can recompile it
> > directly into the kernel.
>
> A better way to put this would be to say that if they want to have an
> ext3 root partition, they will have to either compile ext3 support into
> the kernel, _or_, alternatively, they can compile ext3 as a module and
> be forced to use an initrd image.

I believe that is essentially what I said.  If you prefer it with the more
difficult (although not much) recompile listed first, knock yourself out.
Debian's stock 2.4.x kernel images provide ext3 support as a module and
the initrd image necessary.  Thus, it might be better to list it as the
first option, but whatever makes you happy.

--
Jamin W. Collins