problem with Compaq ProLiant w/ integrated network adapter

Hello.

I am trying to assist somone to install Woody on a Compaq Proliant 1850R,
but we have not managed to make it use the integrated on-board network
adapter. I am told that this is a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 XT PCI UTP controller.

We have tried both the default kernel and the bf24 kernel.

So: has anyone any idea what driver we should use?

According to the Compaq website, redhat 6.0 and 6.2 need a kernel
patch, but redhat 7.1 does not.

I am going to suggest to just insert another network card and forget
about the Compaq one, but maybe someone on this list has experience,
or suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Ragnar Hafstad