Re: how to read a .msg file

Derrick 'dman' Hudson, 2002-Aug-06 22:12 -0400:

> Was any part of the file recognizable?  If so then you may have some
> hope in extracting useful data from it.  Otherwise you need to figure
> out what the data format is and either find a decoder or write one
> yourself.

Since you asked, I went back and scrolled through an entire file with
less and found that, in fact, all of the text is readable.   There is
just a lot of "<B1>^Z<E1>^@^@^@^@" kinda stuff at the beginning and at
the end of each file.  I think I'll work on a sed script to strip out
all the gobbledeegook.

thanks for the suggestion...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer