Re: record to CD from USB audio device

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 11:10:47AM +0000, William Morris wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 05:55:04dd..PM +0000, William Morris wrote:
> > I have a USB audio input device (Edirol UA-1A) connected to my
> > woody/2.4.16 laptop.  Is there an easy way to capture data from this
> > device in a format suitable for recording as an audio CD?  I just want
> > to transfer old records and cassettes to CD, nothing fancy.
>
> I just discovered the programs 'rawrec' and 'rawplay' which do exactly
> what I want without any ALSA.  What would be nice now is a level meter
> so I can judge the audio level before recording.  Is there a simple tool
> to do that?

Have you looked at gramofile? If it works with the UA-1A it should do
everything you want and more, such as descratching and track splitting.

HTH
dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all