Re: ssh and chrootusers returns 'bad configuration option' please advise

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:43:25PM -0700, justin cunningham wrote:
> I'm not currently subscribed so please reply to the email.

A Mail-Followup-To: header would help here.

> i have a current woody machine with openssh 3.4p1 and it's not allowing
> me to use the ChRootUsers option.  When added to the conf file, I
> restart and get bad configuration option: chrootusers.  What's wrong
> here?
>
> http://www.ssh.com/faq/index.cfm?id=687 says that's the syntax.

ssh.com is the non-free commercial SSH, not OpenSSH, so don't use it as
a reference.

OpenSSH doesn't support chrooting users (yet), as far as I know. Google
for 'openssh chroot' and you'll find at least one patch to let it do so.

Cheers,