ssh refuses remote connection

Hi,

I've just installed woody on a clean box and have run into an issue with
sshd. During the post-install configuration I chose the option to allow
remote connections, and also default setting of turning on privelege
separation.

When I try to connect from an ssh client (SecureCRT on Windows XP) on the
same LAN, the connection is immediately refused. This happens with both ssh
1 and ssh 2 protocol attempts. Sshd is currently set to force ssh 2.

I can connect via ssh from the server using localhost or it's own IP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave De Graff