Kernel 2.4.19 and USB mouse problem

Hello,

I recompile kernel 2.4.19 using my old .config (I have used this
setting for many older kernel versions without any problem).  But
with this new kernel, my USB mouse doesn't work.  The mouse pointer
doesn't move in X.

- The mouse is recognized (dmesg: input0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse
[Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on usb1:3.0). The optical light is
lid up when moved , very normally.

- all needed modules (usb-uhci, mousedev, usbcore) are loaded nicely -
no problem there. Just that the pointer won't move.

Any suggestion on what I should do ?