Re: Debian 3.0 r0 and VM Ware

If you'll just be using Windows, you might check out Win4Lin, at
http://www.netraverse.com/ . Win4Lin runs a lot faster on my Debian box
than VMWare does. (1Ghz Athlon T-Bird w/768MB ram).

Jacob

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 22:07:45 +0000
"Doug MacFarlane" <madmac@covad.net> wrote:

> Team:
>
> I was tossing about the idea of installing VM Ware so I could avoid
> dual-booting for the balance of my dis-assimilation from the MSorg . .
> .
>
> Debian is not one of "supported" Linux distributions, but I have heard
> many references to it here, so I assume that one can run it anyway . .
> .
>
> Regardless, what are the issues?  Do I grab an RPM and run some kind
> of RPM to .DEB conversion utilitiy?  Do I grab the source and run
> ./configure or make install (from the olden days before packages when
> Unix sysadmins were real sysadmins and understook compiler options
> better than programmers eventhough they couldn't read or write a lick
> of code . . . )?
>
> TIA
>
> madmac
>
> --
> Doug MacFarlane
> madmac@covad.net

-----
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?

http://www.linux.org/