Kernel Panic

Hi all,

this morning a strange story happend to my laptop (woody kernel 2.4.18) I put it yesterday in sleep mode and this morning he react like he was switched off! So I start it and get a superbe

VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem)
Waiting 5 seconds, press ENTER to obtain a shell
cramfs: wrong magic
kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:06

Booting with install kernel (2.2.20) give me

[MS-DOS FS Rel.12, FAT 0,check=n, conv=b, uid=0, gid=0, umask=022, bmap]
Translation block size = 512
invalid session number or type of track
kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:06

as well as booting with rescue disk. W98 is installed and booting correctly :-( Trying to work with cramfs shell isn't helpfull as nothing is mounted. Two days ago I grap last packages (apt) and install them. Yesterday, I switch off computer, then switch it on under W98 and again reboot it for linux. Everything was ok.

Welcome to each proposition which could help me to get back my laptop working.

--
daniel huhardeaux