Re: Is leafnode package broken?

On 05 Aug 2002 10:10:56 -0500
Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:

> At 2002-08-05T11:32:19Z, Richard Kimber <rkimber@ntlworld.com> writes:
>
> > Is the leafnode package broken?
>
> No.  What problem are you having with it?

The original format of the posting was due to a silly error on not being
able to locate texpire, so I'm not now asking if it's broken, but I'm
still unable to get it working.

1) I'm not clear what server I should connect pan to:  localhost?
leafnode? news.localhost? leafnode.localhost?

2) When I do telnet localhost 119, there isn't any sign of leafnode (I
assume there should be some sort of message) even though it appears as a
process when I do a ps.  Indeed, each time I restart xinetd more processes
are created.

in xinetd.conf, I have:-
service nntp
{
	disable 	= no
	flags      	= REUSE
	socket_type	= stream
	protocol	= tcp
	wait		= no
	user		= news
	server		= /usr/sbin/tcpd
	server_args	= /usr/sbin/leafnode
	log_on_failure  += USERID
}
but I don't know enough to know whether it is correct.

Thanks,
- Richard.