Re: Slightly OT: Seeking Users group &/or templates for OpenOffice

Chris Halls wrote:
> OpenOffice.org has lots of mailing lists and projects and associated web
> sites.  You may find one or two of these useful:
>
> OOExtras - site for contributed templates, icons, macros etc.
> http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/
>
> OODocs - site with community news, FAQs and user forums
> http://ooodocs.org/

> * users@openoffice.org - a bit like debian-user for OOo.  All posts concern
> OOo, but that includes Windows users and associated mindset :-/
>
> * discuss@openoffice.org - general discussion about OOo in general, user
> topics, politics, marketing etc.
>
> And if you're running OOo in Debian, don't forget debian-openoffice.
> http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice/
>
> Chris Halls
> Debian OpenOffice team

Thanks Chris! I was able to find the type of site I was looking for at
the Sourceforge link. However it appears to be fairly new and almost
void of documentation. So my next question is, do you have any tips,
advice, or suggestions regarding using these templates in the Debian
port of OOo? Also please indicate if I can use templates from Star
office also. It seems to me that these should be installed in the
/home/user/OpenOffice.org1.0.1 directory. ot the .openoffice directory.
I failed to locate any means to import these from within OOo. Thanks for
the help.
--
John Foster