automatically delete old emails from Maildir

Hi,

I use a Maildir with IMAP and once debian-user going over around 1,000
messages, it takes a few seconds to read a message which can be very
annoying. I dont know much about bash scripting and at one point I did
try using a

find -mtime +5 -exec rm

However, I am not sure if this kind of Maildir handling is safe and more
importantly, I do *not* trust my own command adequately for this.

Another point is that it would be nice if it did not delete mark
messages marked as important as well (and even better if it did not
delete messages that are replies to messages marked as important)

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             		Vital State
Email: shri@vitalstate.co.uk
Web: http://www.vitalstate.co.uk	Open Source FPS Game.