Re: ssh -X doesn't set DISPLAY

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:41:27 -0400 (EDT) Patrick Wiseman
<pwiseman@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'll bet I'm missing something obvious again.  I _don't_ have ForwardX11
> set to 'yes', but I thought '-X' was supposed to override that?

TMK, the -X only activates it.  If "X11Forwarding" is set to "no" on the
server, the client option will not be able to activate it.

>From sshd_config(5):
     X11Forwarding
             Specifies whether X11 forwarding is permitted.  The default
is
             ``no''.  Note that disabling X11 forwarding does not improve
             security in any way, as users can always install their own
for­
             warders.  X11 forwarding is automatically disabled if
UseLogin is
             enabled.

--
Jamin W. Collins