Re: KDE-mouse keys mapping

Please don't reply to existing threads to start new ones.  I have
deleted the In-reply-to header to try to break the thread, but I'm not
sure if it will work.

On  0, ThomasRatliffDDS <tommyr@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> I have a two button mouse that I am trying to get to copy and paste from
> console to a text window in X.

This is not possible on my machine.  You need to:

* Run the console app in an xterm.
* Pipe the console output to a file and open it in some way in X.

> Right mouse button pastes console to console but in KDE opens a drop-down
> menu.

Middle button is a *very* widely used 'paste' command.  Why gpm had to
be different I don't know...  If you have a two button mouse then you
probably set it to emulate three buttons when you set up X.  In that
case you can paste by pressing both buttons at once.  But you still
can not paste from a console, because they seem to use different
buffers for copied text.

> I'd like to have the right mouse button in KDE paste as well, with the
> drop-down menu a response to both right_lift buttons being
> simultaneously pressed.
>
> Where do I go to configure this?

I don't recommend reconfiguring this.  It is a well-accepted standard
and you're better off getting used to it IMHO, YMMV.  Either way it
doesn't help with your problem.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
	- George Gobol

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au