Linux on Compaq Armada 7xxxs

Greetings, I'm  new to the list.  I've searched on the archives, but
found nothing on this; is it true that the archives can be search only
three months at a time?

For several months, I've been working on getting Linux working smoothly
on several Armadas; I've now gotten 73xxs working to my satisfaction,
but have not been able to get wireless networking going on any 77xx.
I've even tried moving a hard drive from a 73xx to a 77xx.  In all
cases, wireless PCMCIA cards are recognized and work on 73xxs but fail
to be recognized on 77xxs.  The WIRED PCMCIA network card that I have
works on both types of Armadas.

This is not a Debian problem, I've tried some Mandrake, Red Hat, and
TurboLinux installs, all with the same results.  But, I am working
mainly with Potato.

I have posted to a Compaq Support Forum and I have read the Compaq doc
on installing on 7400s and 7800s.

Any help or clues greatly appreciated.  I may know enough about Armada
7xxxs now to offer help to others.

--
Willie  from one of the largest single-user all-Linux networks in Dale.
Linux system uptime  84 days  3 hours 42 minutes