Re: _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 njacobs@yahoo.com wrote:

> --- Burkhard Ritter <burkhard@sportident.de> wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 njacobs@yahoo.com wrote:
> (...)
> > i had the same problem. look at /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config.
> > there is an
> > entry allowd_users. set it to anybody. that might help.
> > but i am not sure,
> > if this was all i had done.
>
> AFAIK the allowed_users entry in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
> just specifies who may start the X server. But in
> my case, the X server is already running, I just
> can't connect to it from another machine.
> (I tried your suggestion anyway, no success.)
yes. i was wrong. you have to start the x-server with the parameter
-ac. so for example startx -- -ac (i think). then eventually the 'xhost
+'-stuff. then ssh or telnet to the remote-machine, set there the
DISPLAY-variable and then start the needed x-applications. i think that
should work.