Re: boot-floppies package?

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> > According to Chapter 10 of the i386 Installation Manual, "[t]he
> > boot-floppies package contains all of the source code and documentation
> > for the installation floppies," but aptitude finds no such package.  Does
> > it exist?
>
> Only as a source package.

After trawling through a lot of documentation and man pages, I find that I
need

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

in my sources.list.  Is that right?  (Forgive me, I've been using Linux
since '95, but I'm relatively new to Debian - and, mostly, loving it!)

I should be able to

apt-get source boot-floppies

should I not?

But when I first did that, I got

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Could not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_stable_main_source_Sources
- open (2 No such file or directory)

So, I ran aptitude and did an update, which indicated it was loading
"Sources", but it still couldn't find boot-floppies.

So, I did 'apt-get source boot-floppies' again (after quitting
aptitude) and this time it worked!?

What _should_ I have done, which aptitude took care of (sort of) in the
background?

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman