Re: _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

This one time, at band camp, njacobs@yahoo.com said:

> --- Burkhard Ritter <burkhard@sportident.de> wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 njacobs@yahoo.com wrote:
> (...)
> > i had the same problem. look at /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config.
> > there is an
> > entry allowd_users. set it to anybody. that might help.
> > but i am not sure,
> > if this was all i had done.
>
> AFAIK the allowed_users entry in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
> just specifies who may start the X server. But in
> my case, the X server is already running, I just
> can't connect to it from another machine.
> (I tried your suggestion anyway, no success.)
Can you ssh -X scorpio?  You may have to set X11Forwarding yes in your
sshd_config to allow it, but I think the general reecommendation is that
X forwarding via ssh is the safer way to do it.
HTH,
Steve
--
Not drinking, chasing women, or doing drugs won't make you live longer --
it just seems that way.