Re: Newbe Needs Help with X

fbrian@nac.net wrote:

>I am setting up X and got these errors and I am using an
ATI >Rage 128
>Card

>(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable
configuration.

I had the same problem (with a different card).
Assuming you have chosen parameters that your card
can support (always worth checking!), try selecting
the "no" response to the question "Use kernel
framebuffer?" that is asked during installation /
configuration of XFree86. This worked for me.

Nick