Module for AMD 79c790 PCnet LANCE on HP Vectra XM

Hi guys,
I would like to configure an old HP Vectra XM 166MHz PC as my home network firewall. So I added 2 pci network interfaces to the motherboard embedded one. This one is, reading the "lspci" command,

00:08.0 Ethernet Controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet LANCE] (rev 16)

to be controlled by a module called "lance.o". I have installed a 2.4.16tsc kernel, for 586 of course, provided in the Woody iso imaged (at that time in testing) that I download on 25-06-2002. I tried to install the module but it failed, so I'm wondering if any of you has ever had such experience on this kind of ethernet interface or can suggest a way to make the system recognize this interface.
Thanks in advance

linuxabbestia

<<Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are!>>