Re: Problem with video capture

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:26:40 -0500
Nick Traxler <nick@dsl-093-a.resnet.purdue.edu> wrote:

>  I'm having trouble when I try to capture video on my Hauppage card.
>  The video can't seem to capture more than 15 fps and there is no
>  sound. Has anyone had problems like this? The command is just:
>  streamer -t 0:05 -o movie.avi -F stereo
>  (streamer is distributed with xawtv.)

My non-solution: go to http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/ and download
mjpegtools. You may want to subscribe to the user list as well. I
remembering also having problems with xawtv so I went shopping around
for another solution.

>  Here's my hardware:
>  Brooktree bt878 capture card (Hauppage WinTV 401)
>  Sound Blaster Live Value (emu10k1 chip)
>  CPU: 2xP3/667
>  HD: ATA/66 7200rpm seagate.

Your system should be fast enough, but I would go for UDMA 100 on a
7200 rpm disk.