Re: GTK+ fonts broken/not working

--- Matthew Sweet <msweet@einval.com> wrote:
> The following x font packages are correctly
> installed:
>
> xfonts-100dpi
> xfonts-75dpi
> xfonts-base
> xfonts-scalable
>
> I have tried searching the archives, unfortunately
> searches involving "font"
> are less than useful as it is an HTML tag.
>
> Further: I've used strace to look at what xcdroast
> was doing, it seems to
> get EAGAIN when if asks for fonts, despite these
> being fonts that xfontsel
> can get.
>
> Matthew

{{SNIP}}

The list search does seem to be rather slow and
incomplete, however I searched the users list for GTK
Fonts in the Apr - June 2002 time period and got the
following which seems to be a very good discussion of
the problems:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200205/msg02523.html

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com