Re: Difficult to move /tmp

On Saturday 03 August 2002 06:22 am, Q. Gong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried to move /tmp from / to the newly created LV. However, it
failed
> to enter the KDE session via GDM after using the new LV as /tmp. Any
idea?

> --------what I do to move /tmp------------------
> # init 1
> # mount /dev/vg00/tmp /mnt/tmp
> # cd /tmp
> # find ./ | cpio -pvmd /mnt/tmp
> # umount /mnt/tmp
> # mount /dev/vg00/tmp /tmp
> # init 2
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Qian

What are the permissions on your new tmp directory?

Here's mine:

westk03[westk]:/home/westk> ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt   14 root     root         3072 Aug  3 08:29 /tmp

Kent

(PS: Someone let me know if this arrives in HTML; I'm trying out KMail
and
haven't found a setting for HTML vs Plain text - Thanks!)