Re: The screen is not centered on my laptop

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 02:26:25AM +0200, Michele wrote:
> At 09.52 01/08/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >try using vga=788 as a boot parameter
> Sorry im *very* new in the linux world, where do i put the boot parameter?

I think, if you are using lilo to boot your machine, you can put the
parameter in a file called '/etc/lilo.conf'. Edit this file (as
root). Look for a line that says, 'append=""'. Put your boot parameter
between the double quotes (and remove any '#' characters at the
beginning of the line, these have the effect of commenting out the
line), save the file, and (very important) run the command
'/sbin/lilo/' as root before rebooting.

HTH,
James