Re: Kylix2

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 17:39, Daniel D Jones wrote:
> Anyone gotten Borland's Kylix2 to successfully run under Debian?  I've
> installed it as both a user and as root without success.  The install
> proceeds without a hitch.  When I run the program, however, it starts up
> a window, spins for a bit, then quits without any error message.

OK, the problem is with my locales.  I've done dpkg-reconfigure locales
several times.  I've tried enabling locales en-US and en-US.UTF-8
separately and simultaneously.  $LANG is set to C.  $LC_ALL is not set
at all.  If I manually export LC_ALL=en_US, Kylix will start.  (If I
export LC_ALL=C, Kylix complains that it can't start with that setting,
and that it is defaulting LC_ALL to en_US, then starts.

I can work around Kylix by manually exporting LC_ALL or adding the
statement to by .bashrc, but I'd like to get the system properly
configured.  Where is LC_ALL normally set?