Re: Problem with insmod & ide-scsi

* Seneca (seneca-cunningham@rogers.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:58:41AM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> > I had to reboot my system (mostly woody, with some sarge & sid to deal
> > with apps like openoffice) the other day, and the previously
> > correctly-operating cd burner will not work.  The devices (both burner
> > & reader) are recognized correctly by cdrecord -scanbus, but the
> > modules, other than sg, will not insert.

<snip>
> > Has anyone an idea about where I should start?
>
> Have you tried "modprobe sr_mod"?

I had, earlier, but never twigged as to where I should look to deal
with the response.  Now ide-scsi is missing in action, which is
interesting in its own right.  Where did that go?  I had it earlier,
but it is now nowhere on the system.

Looks as though it's time to rebuild the kernel, unless there's an
easier way, which I doubt -- I've been fiddling with the kernel since
building that one, without compiling it.  Thanks for the prompt.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast