Re: should . be followed by doublespace?

scripsit Pat Colbeck:
> In the UK we don't normally put a double space at the end of a
> sentance. Perhaps this is an Americanism ?

The two-spaces usage is, I believe, the more traditional.  UK English
tends these days to adopt "modernisms" more rapidly than US -- the
writing of acronyms in mixed case (Nato, Opec, Nasa, etc.) and the
placement of quotation marks inside of punctuation come to mind.

The UK TeX users group would be the experts on this, but AFAIK (La)TeX
uses increased space after a full stop in all English dialects.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul