Fw: Digital camera

I am looking for a digital camera (and of course it has to work under
linux). I have fallen in love with the Nikon Coolpix 2500. It's a beauty
w/ 2 megapixel ccd, CF card and a swivel lens. I googled for some help and
it is said to be a usb mass storage device, well atleast the last model
before it, the Coolpix 995 is supposed to be a usb storage device, and
this might cause problems running it under gphoto.

Of course I can always buy a CF card reader like the SanDisk which is
known to work under linux.

Can someone who uses a digital camera share his experience about the
advantages/disadvantages of being able to access the camera directly under
linux. Also, if someone has any experience using a Nikon digital camera,
especially the Coolpix series could you please share it?

regards,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri		Homeopath and Linux Enthusiast.
Mumbai, India.			http://www.pavri.net/