Re: s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w nfs connect ???

Jason Lunz wrote:

> mds@helices.org said:
> > One box connects as expected: Loki.
> >
> > The other, which I only recently setup for this task, takes fifteen (15)
> > minutes to complete the connection; and I do not see any errors,
> > although I don't really know all the places to look ;>
>
> is the fast client running portmap and the slow one not?

Good catch!  Thank you.

How does the slow system, without portmap, ever get the connection?

Isn't portmap a security hole?

Is this the ``right'' way to do this?

Alternatives?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .