Microtek Scanmaker 3800

Hi
I have a scanner Microtek Scanmaker 3800 and want to set it up under linux
.. but didn't find any howtos or drivers on this scanner. the SANE project
doesn't seem to support my scanner, the sm3600 (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sm3600) project seems to be dead ( latest
sources - 2001 june) . I have compiled my kernel , insmod scanner.o with
vend and product id's goes ok. When i launch sane-find-scanner i get a
message : sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor =  0x05da, product =
0x30ce) at device /dev/usb/scanner0 . But that is it .. Can anyone help me ?