Re: alternative motd and logo?

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:20:45PM -0500, Bud Rogers wrote:
> When I'm talking to civilians who don't know the difference, I refer to
> my Linux box.  When I'm talking to other Linuxers who understand, I
> refer to my Debian box.  I do not ever refer to my GNU box or my
> GNU/Linux box.  However, on the rare occasion when a civilian expresses
> interest in Linux, I try to weave the terms GNU tools, Free Software,
> and Open Source into the conversation.

You should be consistent.  Always use GNU/Linux.  People who don't
know are easier to teach.  People who know should also say GNU/Linux.

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.  - Thomas Jones