Re: alternative motd and logo?

On Thursday 01 August 2002 19:27 pm, Oohara Yuuma wrote:

> I suggest "Debian".  It avoids the "Linux is just a kernel" flamewar.
> Who cares what kernel you are running?

When I'm talking to civilians who don't know the difference, I refer to
my Linux box.  When I'm talking to other Linuxers who understand, I
refer to my Debian box.  I do not ever refer to my GNU box or my
GNU/Linux box.  However, on the rare occasion when a civilian expresses
interest in Linux, I try to weave the terms GNU tools, Free Software,
and Open Source into the conversation.

--
Bud Rogers  <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.