Re: nightly death of X (and no consol access)

scripsit G. L. `Griz' Inabnit:

> 	Nightly X11 dies a sad and horrible death.

Can you describe "a sad and horrible death" in more detail?  Does it
lock up video?  Or keyboard/mouse?  Or crash and return you to kdm?

What's in the log?

> 	Also, for an undetermined amount of time (just noticed it last week), I can
> NOT get to a console. When I attempt to (from kdm logon screen), the
> resulting screen has the kdm background picture, and the video stops
> responding.

Do other virtual consoles work _before_ X dies?  What happens when you
do Alt-F2?

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul