nightly death of X (and no consol access)

Hey All,

	I have yet to see this mentioned on the list, so I fingered I had best
ask....

	Nightly X11 dies a sad and horrible death.
	This is the second week that this has been occurring.
	Cooling is MORE then adequate (27" box fan blowing on an open case).
	Log files show little or nothing.
	apt-get dist-upgrade   ran yesterday
	Abit KT7A
	512 megs
	Athlon 850 (not overclocked)
	3DFX VD3 3000

	Anyone else suffering?

	Also, for an undetermined amount of time (just noticed it last week), I can
NOT get to a console. When I attempt to (from kdm logon screen), the
resulting screen has the kdm background picture, and the video stops
responding. In this I mean that ALT-F7 does NOT return me back to kdm, or if
it does, the screen is NOT changing. Subsequently I either have to ssh in
from another machine, or CTRL-ALT-DEL to boot it back to sanity. Any
idears??? Thoughts??? Comments??? Flames??? :--)

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
      (541) 504-1388  /\IRC: 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts /\ICQ: UIN 138930