Re: Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library [SOLVED]

scripsit Paul E Condon:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:10:15PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > >
> > > But when I do this I get the following message
> > > prior to the opening of galeon:
> > >
> > > Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> > >

> > in a shell run this:
> >
> > echo $LC_ALL
> > echo $LANG
> >
> > if the value is en_US (as I expect it is) then you need to edit /etc/locale.gen.

I experience a similar situation.  My LC_ALL/LANG are by default
en_US.UTF-8.  /etc/locale.gen contains (inter alia):

en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

I have no ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 English locale.

As I'm not working with any nonlatin writing systems at the moment, I
haven't worried too much about it.

I recall some "issue" with Gnome using a nonstandard notation for UTF-8;
is there a workaround that will give me a valid UTF-8 locale which Gnome
groks?

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul