Re: RMS

I have nothing against him. He is one of my heroes.

I b'lieve many people consider him unrealistic and rabid and stubborn. I think
the validity of the first accusation depends on what one thinks in general about
the value of a desire to improve the world. I'd say "rabid and stubborn" are
common characteristics of great innovators - how can you MOVE the "great
indifferent machine" WITHOUT being rabid and stubborn?

Glenn

 On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Paul Johnson
wrote:

--