Re: [DEB-USER] Re: ot -- Re: Full-screen editor in /bin

[Paul M. Foster]

| On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:43:01PM +0200, Stein A Stromme wrote:
|
| > [benfoley@rcn.com]
| >
| > | yeah, but much less jovial. don't take it personally. i try to compensate
| > | with well-considered punctuation. you'll get used to it. i have.
| >
| > Double space after sentence-ending periods would be even more
| > well-considered.
|
| Double-spacing is a holdover from typing classes (and I'm not sure why
| we did it even then).

For making typed material easier to read, of course.

| Nowadays, there's no need for it.

My point was that there is more of a need if you don't capitalize your
sentences.  Otherwise, it is a matter of taste, but there is a number
of good reasons why sentence-endings/beginnings should be easy to spot
(for humans as well as for computers).

Stein
--
Stein Arild Strømme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672