Re: pdf attachments in mutt unreadable by windows

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:13:28PM -0700, Richard Otte wrote:
> I've been trying to send pdf files as email attachments in mutt.
> Whenever I send these to someone using windows, they are unable to open
> the files using acrobat.  One of them just sent the pdf file back to me,
> and I am also now unable to open it.  That makes me suspect that the problem
> is that something is happening to the files in email.  Does anyone know
> why this happens, and is there a way to send pdf attachments to windows
> users with mutt.  Thanks,

Hmm, can't see why this should be a problem.

Have you tried sending a pdf file to yourself, and then verifying it
looks OK?  Try checking the md5sum of the file before sending and after
receiving to see if it has changed.

I take it you're just using the normal attachment procedure (a to attach
file, and so on)?

- Chris

PS: If you want to send me a PDF file off-list to test, feel free.