Re: a question on performance

At 9:10 Uhr +0200 23.07.2002, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch>
[2002.07.23.0449 +0200]:
 You're missing the -k 1 setting. Without it, after resuming from
 sleep the above settings will be lost (at least on an apple
 powerbook).

Interesting. But on my Dell Latitude C610, this doesn't seem to be the
case. So I prefer to set the values on every boot, rather than storing
them with -k1

Setting them during boot is necessary anyway, -k1 won't make them survive a powerdown. *But* you probably would have to call hdparm during resume too without it. (Check your settings with 'hdparm /dev/hda' after a sleep/resume cycle to see if that's the case.)

Christian.