Re: xf86/bs/delete just checking - semisolved

Hmm... ok, a friend in desparation tar'ed up his xkb directory and said
'look, just take stuff outa there'

and looking over what I was missing I remembered a day a few months ago
when a slip of a keystroke sent some a* and b* files in /usr to the server
in the sky....

hmm... yannow, come to think of it there _are_ some symlinks from
somewhere in /usr to /etc/X11 aren't there...

ok, belated echo of previous '....oops'

but here's where I get a little (more? :) confused.....
say Our Dear Idiot User (yes, apparently today that part is being played
by yours truly :) deletes some rather useful files... necessary even....

shouldn't reinstalling the package those files came from put them back?

am I misunderstanding some aspect of the 'reinstalling a package' concept?

(or some aspect of the 'xlibs 4.1.0-16' concept?)

-Alice