Re: gnome URL handler (was Comments on the new gnome-terminal.)

Thanks everyone!

Stephen: I have to admit that this was working with Galeon, but I
switched back to Mozilla when it went 1.0, for reasons of sentiment and
because Galeon was showing me blank pages for pdf's and png's no matter
what I tried, while lowly Netscape 4.77 used the helpers I configured.
(As does Mozilla 1.1a).

dman: Thank You! ctrl-u is also the command I've been looking for in
emacs & command-line editing.

Vineet: Thanks for persevering, works great. You may have weaned me from
gnome-terminal.

And finally, I have to admit this is probably not a bug but a Mozilla
'issue'. I run a non-xinerama dual-display system. Typically my terms &
mutt are open on :0.0, while the web browser is on :0.1. The ctrl-click
shortcut works when Mozilla is open on the same display as the
gnome-terminal instance.

If Mozilla is up on one monitor and I try to open it on the other, I get
the same behavior as trying to ctrl-click a URL: a Mozilla dialog asking
me which profile I want to use, if I say 'default', it tells me that the
default profile is busy.

thanks all, PM
--
Paul Mackinney