Re: best forum software?

on Wed, Jul 03, 2002, Mike Egglestone (megglestone@heritage.sd57.bc.ca) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at building a forum on my woody server.  Any ideas or
> thoughts to what package works well?  I looked at sporum but am having
> problems getting it working.  I get cgi script errors when trying to
> view the pages.  I will trouble shoot this more later but was
> wondering if anyone else has had success with other forum packages or
> recommend using a certain one.

Depends on what you want.

I'm partial toward scoop (the engine behind http://www.kuro5hin.org/),
but then, I'm biased.  See http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/

For another mode of collaboration, TWiki rocks:

   http://www.twiki.org/

I'm running a technically oriented TWiki, TWikIWETHEY, at

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main

...poke around if you want a feel for what's possible.

Peace.

   Support the EFF, they support you:  http://www.eff.org/