Re: Need web server recommendation

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:01:24 -0500
Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:

> Now when you send mail out, there is both a message and an envelope.
> The message consists of headers and a body.  The message headers don't
> necessarily match the envelope -- particularly if .forward files are

Your exposition was very helpful for someone like me wanting to understand
a bit more about email.  Two (a bit OT) questions:
1) Is there a recommened book that details all this?
2) How do I get to see the envelope? (I ask this because I've recently
received some non-spam emails that were intended for other people, and my
sysadmin pointed out that the "From:" and "To:" lines in mail messages can
bear no relationship to the sender or recipient. So I guess the envelopes
were wrong.)

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber