Re: best forum software?

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:08:01AM -0700, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at building a forum on my woody server.
> Any ideas or thoughts to what package works well?
> I looked at sporum but am having problems getting it working.
> I get cgi script errors when trying to view the pages.
> I will trouble shoot this more later but was wondering
> if anyone else has had success with other forum packages
> or recommend using a certain one.

Hello,

I am running phpBBB (have a look at it: http://www.webworm.org/forum/).
It is really good + it is released under the GPL!  Before that I used a
cracked version of vbulletin, but they got on to me and were going to
sue me...

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org

"Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery."